Requirements of the Editing Office
The articles which fail to satisfy the editing requirements will not be accepted for publication.
I. Formal requirements
The article should contain:
- A title – written with the same font size as the sentences in the text proper (capital letters are unacceptable)
- The author’s or authors’ data: the authors should be listed in the same order as on the hard copy – (foreign surnames should be spelt in Polish); the surname of the author should be accompanied by his degree, academic titles and affiliation.
- The size of the article: up to 8 pages in the format specified in the technical requirements.
- Bibliography: according to the specification, as in the technical requirements.
- An abstract: a short abstract (both in Polish and English, up to 150 characters) should be included at the beginning of the article.
- Key words in English and Polish should be listed under the abstract.
II. Technical requirements:
- The file should be in a *.doc format (e.g. from the WORD text editor), *.docx.
- Page format: A4
- Margins: left – 40 mm, right – 40 mm, top – 50 mm, bottom – 50 mm.
- The text proper: single spacing, font: Times New Roman, size 11 (in case of using special characters, which are not part of Times New Roman’s set, or in case of using special fonts, a list of such characters and fonts should be appended at the end of the text).
- Text highlighting – bold letters or italics (one should not use undelinings, because they are used for links to websites).
- Titles of chapters/sub-chapters – the font size as in the sentences in the text proper, Times New Roman, size 11, bold letters (capital letters are not acceptable).
- Footnotes: footnotes should be placed at the bottom of the page, with continuous numbering.
- In footnotes , the following forms of bibliographic referencing should be used: footnotes are written in the Chicago style. In footnotes, the following forms of bibliographic referencing should be used:
- legal acts (every time with complete data), e.g.:
An Act of 19th November 1999. Law of business activity, Journal of Laws No. 101, item 1178, as amended.
- Aa article in the journal:
author #1 surname #1 name #1, author #2 name #2 surname. year. “title”. journal volume (paper): pages.
Kawlewski Krzysztof, Eugeniusz Świtoński. 2013. “The application of genetic algorithms in the optimization of the control of gantry crane’s working motions “. Commerce transportation and working implements 19 (1): 37–41.
- In case of publication in the journal, we expect: surnames and names of the authors, year, title of the article, title of the journal, paper and pages at which the publication is to be found.
Author #1 surname #1 name, author #2 name #2 surname, author #3 name #3 surname. Year. The title of the book. Place of publishing: Publishing house.
Bronowska Krystyna, Elżbieta Żywucka-Kozłowska, Dariusz Czekan. 2009. Subcultures of destruction. A Study of Methodological and Investigative Procedures. Szczecin: PrintGroup Publishing.
- A chapter in a book:
Author #1 surname #1 name, author #2 name #2 surname. Year. Chapter title. In Book’s title, pages. Publishing house.
Lewandowski Roman, Ireneusz Kowalski. 2008. In search of objective methods of measuring the quality of medical services. In Contemporary structural and manager’s challenges in health care, 253 -266. The Warmińsko-Mazurski University in Olsztyn.
- In bibliography, an alphabetical order must be preserved. Firstly, a surname of the author should be included, followed by the name(s) of the author. The remaining elements as in references in footnotes. Bibliography in the Chicago style.
- Tables and drawings, graphs, diagrams – maximum width – 130 mm, maximum height – 200 mm (sizes including descriptions). These elements will be printed in gray. The enclosed illustrations, diagrams, drawings, etc., downloaded from the Internet in the form of so-called “print screens”, graphics from specialized programmes or copies in too low resolutions might be deleted due to a lack of technical possibilities for their publication. Alternatively, the whole text may not be eligible for publication due to technical reasons.
- Figures and tables: titled, numbered separately, with a source note (e.g. self-study). References to these elements in the text only by means of their numbers. Tables descriptions – font:Times New Roman, font size 11 above the table, text inside the table – font size 9, single spacing. Descriptions of the diagrams’ axes and text on drawings: Times New Roman font size 9. Descriptions and the numbers of drawings – Times New Roman, size 11 – placed under, not on the drawing.
The editing office reserves the right to correct and shorten the articles submitted for publication.